Red Comet Labs is not hiring at the moment, but if you're interested in knowing what we would be looking for in a developer, here it is...
What we’re looking for…
- Experience in at least one of the following frameworks: React.js, Angular.js, Ember.js, or Backbone.js.
- Comfortable using Node.js.
- The ability to work remotely and manage your workload effectively.
- Good communication skills, particularly in a remote-working environment.
- An entrepreneurial outlook.
- A commitment to continuous learning, inquiry and problem solving.
What will set you apart…
- Contributions to open source software
- Good design and/or UX skills
- Good writing skills
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Good CSS skills
- ES2015 experience
- NoSQL knowledge
How we work…
- Project-based work for clients. The majority of our work involves working with clients to build excellent applications. Tools and technologies we use include: React.js, Redux, D3.js, CouchDB, PouchDB and Node.js.
- Remote work. We currently have developers in Joburg and Cape Town and we’re committed to remote work. Although we’d like to keep the team in South Africa for the meantime, there’s the potential for you to work from anywhere in the world.
- Small team of smart developers. You’d be working with developers who are really making their mark in their area of specialisation. Because we’re a small team, you’ll be able to gain experience in the entire application development process – frontend and backend development, design, UX, devops, testing, project management – whatever you’re keen on.
- Flexible contracting/employment structure. We realise everyone wants to work in a different way, so if you’re the right fit, we’re happy to structure a working relationship that suits both you and us, whether that’s full time employment, or a more flexible contracting arrangement.
- We aim for a calm, organised working environment where work forms a part of a balanced life. If we’re working through the night or over weekends, then we’ve done something horribly wrong. This means we work hard during our working time, plan carefully and keep the focus on getting things done well.
How to apply…
Send an email to email@example.com in which you explain why you’d be suitable for this position. Please include:
- A link to your GitHub profile
- A concise CV, edited to highlight how your skills would fit this role (no Matric marks required!)